Last modified: November 13, 2023
The purpose of Provo City School District’s purchasing policy is to acquire goods and services in an efficient, cost effective manner which:
- Assists the District in achieving its mission and goals
- Protects the integrity of district employees
- Protects the integrity of the District
- Protects the assets of the District
This policy is intended to outline general purchasing guidelines to direct district employees in acquiring goods and services. These guidelines are:
- Provo City School District will comply with applicable state and federal purchasing laws.
- All contracts and purchases of goods and services of $50,000 or more require prior approval of the Provo City School District Board of Education. Exceptions:
- Expenditures specifically called out by project in the budget formally adopted by the Provo City School District Board of Education.
- Ongoing normal operating expenditures, such as utilities, food service program food/supply purchases, payroll related expenditures, which are part of a formally adopted budget.
- Both the requestor and the authorized immediate supervisor, or the acting supervisor in the authorized immediate supervisor’s absence, must sign the request.
- The business administrator’s and superintendent’s requests are approved by the board president.
- All contracts that create a liability for the District must reviewed and signed by the Business Administrator or their designee.
- Situations that threaten life, health, safety or property are considered emergency situations. Emergency situations require prompt resolution. If proper authorization is not possible, district employees are authorized to remove the immediate threat to life, health, safety, or property in the most cost effective manner possible. Proper authorization is to be obtained no later than the next business day.
- Purchases of goods and services with district funds for personal use or personal gain are strictly prohibited. This includes use of personal credit card in order to receive “points” or “miles”.
- All employee compensation must be processed through the payroll system.
- Provo City School District will implement procedures in conformance with this policy that cover but are not limited to:
- Proper documentation of transactions
- Protection of employees and assets
- Employee policy and procedure training
- The Provo City School District will also follow procurement procedures required by law and set forth in the Utah State Procurement Code 63G-6a.
- Utah State Code 63G-6a
Approved by Board of Education:
- Revised: July 1, 2011
- Dec 13, 2016
Procedures and Forms
- 6210 Procedure 1 Purchasing
- 6210 Procedure 2 Child Nutrition Procurement
- 6210 Form 1 Journal Entry
- 6210 Form 2 Petty Cash Request
- 6210 Form 3 Invoice Payment Request
- 6210 Form 4 Sole Source Justification
- 6210 Form 5 Conflict of Interest
- 6210 Form 6 Purchase Requisition
- 6210 Form 7 Change Order
- 6210 Form 8 Zions Bank Credit Card Reconciliation
- 6210 Form 9 Procurement Card Monthly Check List Envelope
- 6210 Form 10 Missing Receipt
- 6210 Form 11 School Expenditure Request
- 6210 Form 12 Expenditure Quotation