Provo City School District
Provo City School District Announcements
I Am Menu
District News & Events
The latest news from Provo City School District
Equitable Engagement Webinar on August 24, 2022
In the final segment of the Equitable Engagement series, engagement professionals will share unique ways their cross-sector organizations are creating equitable practices in their engagement, communications, service models, and missions. This webinar will be a “lightning-talk” style webinar, encouraging attendees to build on their learning journey around customized leading approaches to inform communities of resources according to their unique needs.
DATE & TIME:
Wednesday, August 24th, 2022 | 12:00 P.M. – 1:15 P.M.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This webinar series is for anyone working with culturally and linguistically diverse communities. Individuals from government and community-based organizations are welcome and encouraged to attend.
- (Moderator) Claudia Loayza, Planning Policy & Engagement Coordinator – Utah Division of Multicultural Affairs
- Antonella C. Packard, Economic Development Manager – Salt Lake County
- Cristina Reyes, Rural Services Coordinator – Utah State Library Division
- Cristobal Villegas, Community Engagement Specialist – Utah Transit Authority
- Natalie Keezer, Accessibility Coordinator and Audience Relationship – Salt Lake Acting Company
Questions? Contact Claudia Loayza (email@example.com).
August 17, 2022
Memories from the First Day of School
All around the district, schools opened up their doors to students for the 2022-2023 school year. From kindergarteners just entering our halls for the first time to high school seniors starting the last year of their public education, we’re proud to have our students back in our buildings.
Check out this gallery to see some of the memories made from the start of this school year.
Teachers Prepare for First Day of School
We know this 2022-2023 school year will be an incredible one, and it’s all due to our staff members and teachers who have worked tirelessly throughout the summer to prepare for this year.
We hope you’ve had a wonderful summer, and we look forward to a year hallmarked in well-being, achievement, and good times.
Welcome back! We look forward to seeing you tomorrow.
August 15, 2022
Get to Know the DistrictQuick facts about Provo City School District
- 90% Graduation Rate
*as of October 1, 2021
- 13 Elementary Schools
- 2 Middle Schools
- 3 High Schools
- 4 Specialty Schools
4 Languages Taught in Immersion Programs
- Spanish at Canyon Crest
- French at Edgemont
- Portuguese at Lakeview
- Spanish at Timpanogos
- Mandrin Chinese at Wasatch
One to One Student Devices
Increasing Student Engagement and Collaboration
- Chromebooks & iPads
- Helpdesk Work-order System
- Canvas Learning Management
Robust CTE Course Opportunities
Career & Technical Education and Work-based learning opportunities in:
- Business & Marketing
- Family & Consumer Science
- Health Science
- Information Technology
- Skilled & Technical Science
- Technology & Engineering
Experienced Social Workers in Every School
Social workers advocating for student wellbeing in:
- Crisis Management Services
- Behavior Support
- Case Management Services
- Direct Therapeutic Services and more
26.6:1 Average Student to Teacher Ratio
*as of October 1, 2021
- 25.2:1 Elementary Student to Teacher Ratio
- 28:1 Secondary Student to Teacher Ratio