Last modified: July 18, 2022
New Student Registration
Welcome, we are excited for your child to join Provo City School District! The following will provide you with information regarding the registration of your student.
Registration is a 2-step process, mainly done online.
If you do not have access to the Internet at home, you may register anyplace you can find access to the internet, you may visit the schools and use their computers, provide the information over the phone, or contact our office in Student Services for help.
Children who will be 5 years old on or before September 1 are eligible for enrollment.
Submit basic information.
The school’s registrar will create a Powerschool Parent Portal Account and send you an email with further instructions. This process will take place in a matter of 2-3 days while the school year is still in session.
Registrations that are submitted during the summer months may have a longer delay, if the enrollment is for the next school year it will be processed during the summer time. Please be aware that all the schools are closed during July.
Login to Powerschool using the information sent to you in the email from the registrar.
Fill out the second portion; this should take you approximately 20-30 min. If you need help, please contact your school, or visit Student Services
Provide the following original documents or digital copies to the school:
- Child’s birth certificate
- Child’s immunization records – including dates of all shots, or exception certificates. Children may register but cannot attend school until immunizations are up to date and a copy of the record has been turned into the school. Please see the information about immunization for more details.
- Proof of address (example: utility bill or rental agreement)
- Photo ID
- TB testing (if applicable)** **Utah County requires proof of tuberculosis testing for ALL foreign-born students* entering schools for the first time, and students who have lived in a foreign country* for six months or more within the past five years. *except Canada
For High School Students we highly recommend to submit a transcript or withdrawn form from the previous school.
Please do not send any documentation through email. You can submit these documents through one of the following methods:
- Upload documentation through PowerSchool (most common)
- Drop Box at PCSD – Drop documents into a secure mail box located in the North West Entrance of the Building to the right of the double doors of Provo City School District’s building located at 280 W 940 N Provo. The documents will be scanned by Student Services and sent to the schools. Please seal documents into an envelope and write the name of the school on it or
- Send Registered Mail – parents would mail the documents to the schools or DO
- Fax – speak with the registrar and plan for arrangements
- Call the school and make an appointment to receive the paperwork.
For registration to be complete both the online information and the above-named items must be received by the school.
Individuals with Disabilities
Provo City School District is interested in alleviating any unnecessary stress to individuals with disabilities. When students with disabilities are beginning school for the first time in a Provo school, they and their parents are encouraged to visit the school to identify barriers, which may require adaptations to accommodate their needs. To expedite any such accommodations, early contact with the Principal will be helpful.
Utah law requires that school records include a complete immunization record. Utah State law requires the following immunizations for the protection of your child and others from communicable diseases:
For Kindergarten to 6th grade attendance school year:
- 5 DTaP*
- 4 Polio*
- 2 MMR*
- 3 Hepatitis B
- 2 Hepatitis A
- 2 Varicella (Chickenpox)**
7th to 12th grade
The following vaccines are required in addition to the elementary grade requirements:
- 1 Dtap
- 1 Meningococcal
*The 5th DTP and 4th Polio immunizations need to be given after the child’s 4th birthday, the first MMR and Chickenpox vaccines must be given after the first birthday.
** Documentation of varicella disease or “chicken pox” must be confirmed by your licensed healthcare provider if no varicella immunization has been given.
Where to get Immunizations
Immunizations are available from your personal physician or from the Utah County Health Department (UCHD) at the following times and locations. If your child needs immunizations and you will be getting them at UCHD, please take your records of previous immunizations when you go.
- 151 S. University Ave. Suite 1900, Provo Mon, Tues, Fri. 8:00 to 5:00
- 151 S. University Ave. Suite 1900, Provo Wed. 8:00 to 7:00
- 151 S. University Ave. Suite 1900, Provo Thurs. 9:00 to 5:00
- 599 S. 500 E. Suite 2, American Fork Mon. thru Fri. 8:00 to 4:30
- 285 N State Rd. 198 3rd floor, Payson Mon. thru Fri 8:00 to 11:30 & 1:00 to 4:30
To claim a personal, religious or medical exemption, the legal guardian must complete an online educational module (free of charge) and provide a copy of the completed form to the school official.
The online course can be found at www.immunize-utah.org. Completion of the online educational module can be done at the Health Department if you do not have access to a computer. For a medical exemption, a written note from a licensed health care provider must be provided along with a copy of the completed online educational module. It should state the physical condition of the student, and why that vaccine would endanger the student’s life or health.
A physical examination, including vision screening, and a dental examination are recommended for students but not required. Utah County Health Dept. Wellness Clinic performs physicals for $30. Appointments can be made by calling 801-851-7031. Physical and dental exams and immunizations are advised in the Spring and early Summer to avoid crowds in the fall.
Medications During School Hours
If your student has any medical condition that needs attention during school time, please contact the school nurse.
Our school campuses have been dismissed for the month of July. You can call ahead of time and make an appointment to work out the details of your student’s enrollment and let them know you are looking to enroll a student for the new year.
|School||Phone||School Link||School Registrar|
|Amelia Earhart||370.4630||amelia.provo.edu||Jaime Oldham|
|*Canyon Crest||221.9873||canyoncrest.provo.edu||Tiffany MccLoud|
|Provo Peaks||374.4940||peaks.provo.edu||Maria Thurston|
|Rock Canyon||374.4935||rockcanyon.provo.edu||Kimberly Fountain|
|Spring Creek||370.4650||springcreek.provo.edu||Debbie Harker|
|Sunset View||374.4950||sunset.provo.edu||Carol Izelo|
|Provo High||373.6550||provohigh.provo.edu||Amanda Pino|
- For eSchool please contact: Megan Dunnigan or at 801-374-4810 for info visit: provo.edu/eschool
- For Independence High School contact: Sharri Brown or at 801-374-4920 or visit: independence.provo.edu
- For Sunrise Preschool contact: Rosa Frezzia or call 801-374-4915 or visit their website at: sunrise.provo.edu
- For Title 1 Preschool visit: provo.edu/preschool/title-i-preschool-registration
- If you have questions about the enrollment process you may call your school or call Student Services Office at 801.374.4838
Chromebook and Internet
Once the student is completely enrolled, students will have access to a school email account. Students in Elementary schools will have access to a Chromebook in their classroom and can take it home when their teachers deems it necessary to complete a school assignment.
Students in Secondary will be assigned a Chromebook device.
If you do not have access to internet at home, please contact the Student Services office at (801)374-4838.