Last modified: June 8, 2023
Benefits / Salary
Providing Competitive Benefits for Our Employees
We know it is important to maintain a competitive advantage when it comes to salary and benefits which is why we frequently evaluate and compare our position with other school districts in Utah. We are confident we offer a fair, comparative pay schedule and benefits package which includes medical insurance and dental and optical insurance options at a nominal fee.
Provo City School District is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible, full-time employees who work 30 or more hours per week. Benefits are available on the first of the month following the date of hire. The complete benefits package is briefly summarized on this page.
PCSD covers 80% of your medical premiums and provides other benefits at no cost to you (life, accidental death & dismemberment, short-term disability and long term disability). In addition, PCSD offers voluntary benefits (dental, vision, etc.) with reasonable group rates that will be processed before taxes through payroll deductions.
Advantage Plus PPO
Advantage Plus PPO plan also offers 100%coverage on your preventive services if you see in-network providers.
Voluntary Vision Plan Highlights
Voluntary Vision Plan (offered by EMI Health) VSP Plus 10-130 plan offers $10 copays for your eye exam and $130 allowance for contacts or frames when you use in-network providers.
Medical Plan Highlights
- Two Medical Plan Options (offered through Select Health)
- Traditional OR Qualified High deductible Medical Plan
- Annual Deductible
- Single $1,500 / Family $4,500 (Traditional)
- Single $2,500 / Family $5,000 (QHDMP)
Both plans use the SelectHealth Share Network. Provo City School District will match your H.S.A. contributions, dollar for dollar!
- Up to $1,000 for single coverage per year
- Up to $1,750 for two party coverage per year
- Up to $2,000 for family coverage per year
Voluntary Dental Plan Highlights
- Two Dental Plan Options (offered through EMI Health)
- Choice PPO plan offers 100% preventive coverage if you see in-network providers. 80%coverage for basic services and 50% coverage for major services.
Benefits Offered at No Cost to Employees
Basic Life Plan Highlights
- LifeMap provides financial security for people who depend on you. PCSD offers $24,420 of coverage for Certified Employees and $12,210 for Classified Employees.
- Long Term Disability covers you for your basic living expenses if you become disabled. The benefit is 60% of your monthly earnings after you have been disabled for 120 days.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- LiVe Well EAP is available to all employees and their dependents. Some services Include:
- Counseling: Free brief counseling session for life problems (conflicts, depression, anxiety, life stress)
- Help for Caregivers: resources and coaching to help employees who are providing care to a spouse or relative that needs assistance
- Crisis Services: 24/7 telephone crisis services with a licensed mental health professional
- Website: Quick Tips on common life problems, and much more