Leer en Español Denise Abbott, Timpview High’s tenth through twelfth grade Medical Anatomy...
The district received an Observation Report by Ensign Engineering on the condition of Timpview High. Below is the report.
- Date of Observation: April 15, 2020
- Time of Observation: 12:30 pm
- Weather: Mild rain, Approx. 50 degrees
- Site Observation by: Scott B. Roche, Principal (Ensign Engineering)
- Person(s) Contacted: Mark Wheeler
Observation Notes (Related to Structural)
The intent of the site visit was to review signs of new/additional settlement within the school.
Items observed were primarily located in the media center, south academic wing, and west academic wing. The observations were strictly visual. No testing or scanning was performed.
- Observation Item: Buckling of ceiling tile in hallway on the second level of the westacademic wing.
- Observation Item: Settlement of slab on grade in media center. We need to compare this to the previous survey to determine how much the surface in this area has changed over the last year.
- Observation Item: Additional movement of window in media center.
- Observation Item: Noted cracks in masonry wall on south side of west academic wing.
Conclusion and Recommendations
The fact that the building continues to show signs of settlement and distress reinforces the need of remediation and stabilization at this site if the PCSD decides to not build a new facility. It is our opinion that the building will continue to settle, and will further present additional signs of distress over time.
Sincerely, Scott B. Roche, PE, SE Principal from Ensign Engineering