Prime for Life First Offender Class
Prime For Life® is an evidence-based motivational prevention, intervention and pretreatment program specifically designed for people who might be making high-risk choices. It is designed to change drinking and drug use behaviors by changing beliefs, attitudes, risk perceptions, motivations, and the knowledge of how to reduce their risk of alcohol- and drug-related problems throughout their lives.
What are the benefits of students attending?
- Feel engaged and comfortable sharing their thoughts, feelings, and self-reflections.
- Learn how the combination of influences and personal choices determine outcomes.
- Learn how to make low-risk choices by using a simple tool.
- Are given time to absorb and process the information provided.
- Self-assess to identify their risk levels and current phase of alcohol and drug use.
- Identify the things they value in their lives and make their own decisions about when and how to protect them.
- Explore new beliefs and reflect on how those new beliefs may bring about positive changes.
The students who are referred to this class can be referred by School Administrators, Probation Officers, Parents, Youth Court, and District Administration. All students who have been referred to this class are expected to attend all 4 classes. An option to offer a “makeup” class is available if needed.