Last modified: October 27, 2023
EL Exit Letter
To the Parent or Guardian:
Provo City School District is committed to providing services that meet the needs of all children. Federal law requires parents of EL (English Learner) students be notified annually of their student’s English language development progress, support services provided, and exit criteria. EL students are also called Multilingual Learners (ML). The identification of and support services for all Multilingual Learners in Provo City School District are directly aligned to the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and guidelines provided by the US Department of Education, Civil-Rights legislation and the Utah State Board of Education rule.
The proficiency score for your student is *.
Students demonstrating an overall proficiency of a 4.2–6 have been monitored for at least four years.
At the end of the four-year monitor period, students maintaining grade-level standards in English Language Proficiency (Level 4.2-6), are formally exited from EL services.
Your student has been monitored and is maintaining grade-level standards in academic English Language. Your student will be exited from EL services.
If you have any questions, please contact your student’s teacher or the EL Supervisor at your school. The EL Supervisor at your school is *.
Levels 1 through 4
- Knows and uses minimal social language and minimal academic language with visual support.
- Knows and uses some social English and general academic language with visual support.
- Knows and uses social English and some specific academic language with visual support.
- Knows and uses social English and some technical academic language.
Monitored for 4 years (Exited from EL after 4 years or monitoring)
4.2 (expanding) and a minimum of a 3.5 in speaking
- Knows and uses social English and some technical academic language with most grade level material.
- Knows and uses social and academic language working with grade level material.
- Knows and uses social and academic language at the highest level measures by this test.