- Return to School Plan 2020
- Creating a Safe Environment
Creating a Safe Environment
Provo City School District is committed to protecting the health and safety of our students and staff. Here are some of the things we are doing to create a safe environment in our schools.
- Schedule – In person learning will take place Monday – Friday with accommodation made to ensure social distancing and safety.
- Masks – According to state mandate, masks are required for all students, employees and visitors in schools and on buses. One cloth mask will be provided to each student and employee.
- Desk/Seating – Schools will work to maximize distance between seating and desks. Where separating desks may not be possible, dividers and other ways to separate desks will be provided
- Employees – All employees will wear masks at school and will work with school plans to maximize social distancing.
- Cleaning – The custodial services department has received specialized training regarding COVID-19 and enhanced sanitation efforts have been implemented.
- IEP/504 – Accommodation will be made for all students with IEP/504 plans.
How can you help? Please keep your student home if they are sick or exhibit any COVID symptoms. Any student or employee who is sick will be sent home.