Last modified: September 26, 2023
Policy No. 2700 Transportation Planning
The Provo City School District Board of Education acknowledges that safe and efficient transportation of qualified students is an essential service in support of delivering an effective education to students. The ability to provide safe and efficient transportation requires intentional, advance planning and effective training.
The Board directs that a standing Transportation Plan be created, with annual revisions and updates as needed. Essential components of the plan will include at a minimum
- Transportation routes and walking routes;
- Employee training schedules and staff management processes unique to the Transportation department;
- Long term bus replacement plans, including cost projections;
- Long term bus facility plans;
- Fueling costs, types, and possible suppliers;
- Safety initiatives for students and drivers, including consideration of on-bus cameras;
- Rate schedules for co-curricular and extra-curricular activities;
- A statement of explanation for weather-related school closures to be used each year as needed; and
- A list of contacts and venues of communication related to Transportation issues.
An assortment of specific policies and procedures outlining the Student Transportation program will be found in Policy Series 6000.
The Transportation Plan will be maintained on the district website. Upon request, the Board of Education may choose to receive periodic reports on the Student Transportation program.
Approved by Board of Education
September 10, 2013