Last modified: September 26, 2023
Policy No. 2300 Annual Capital Facilities Planning
Each year the district’s Capital Facilities Plan will be reviewed, with updates, by the Board. This presentation/discussion will be made by the superintendent or designee, and will include the following information:
- An outline of the construction and large maintenance projects completed to date over the last fiscal year.
- The budgetary status of the capital budget used to accomplish the most recently completed projects.
- An updated list of next-in-line and/or newly identified projects, including both significant renovations and maintenance, with accompanying cost estimates and funding sources.
- A review of the long-term, major projects that are part of the capital plan, including funding sources and other related financial implications.
- A review of what facilities/maintenance information is being shared on the district website.
Consistent with district financial policies, formal Board approval in a business meeting of the Board will be required for all expenditures regarding capital facilities of $50,000 or more.
An assortment of specific policies and procedures outlining the Capital Facilities planning process of the district will be found in Policy Series 6000.
The superintendent is directed to work with the Board President, the Business Administrator, and other relevant staff to schedule and plan this annual review.
Approved by Board of Education
September 10, 2013