The United Way's Day of Caring is an annual event that brings together volunteers from local...
September 25, 2023 – 5 pm to 8 pm
Provo High School – 1199 Lakeshore Dr, Provo, UT 84601
FREE ice cream for everyone!
Attention parents and students! Mark your calendars for Monday, September 25th, for an exciting opportunity is coming your way. Join us at Provo High School for the “Get the Scoop on Career and Technical Education” event, an evening of exploration and discovery that you won’t want to miss. Find your future and savor success, on September 25!
Unlock Your Potential
This collaborative regional event is designed to introduce 7th and 8th-grade students and their parents to a world of exciting career possibilities. We’re bringing together educational experts from local school districts, UVU, and MTECH to showcase “career clusters” and “pathways.” With over 60 engaging booths, you can dive into fields like UVU Aviation, MTECH Diesel Tech, Provo School District’s BioTechnology, and even Life Flight.
Explore Career Clusters
Discover the following career clusters:
- Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources
- Architecture & Construction
- Arts, Audio Visual & Communications
- Business, Finance & Marketing
- Computer Science & Information Technology
- Education & Training
- Engineering & Technology
- Health Science
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Human Services
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security
- Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
These “Career Pathways” provide a direct connection between high school success and postsecondary opportunities or landing a fulfilling job upon graduation. Your focus on a Career Pathway equips you with the skills needed for well-paid careers, rapid financial growth, increased responsibility, and personal satisfaction.
CTE: The Path to Success
In Utah, there are 35 pathways across 13 career clusters. Career and Technical Education (CTE) offers hands-on learning that imparts real-world skills to students, starting from middle schools, junior highs, to high schools. By pursuing CTE Pathways, students can earn certificates and vital training, setting them on the path to future careers and two-year or four-year college degrees.
Concurrent Enrollment for a Brighter Future
At the “Get The Scoop” event, you’ll also discover Concurrent Enrollment opportunities. Utah envisions every student earning college credit while in high school, saving time and money and paving the way for industry licenses or associate degrees. Last year, more than 27,000 high school juniors and seniors earned over 188,000 college-level credit hours in our state.
Join the Fun!
We expect over 3,000 students and family members to attend this yearly event. Attendees will enjoy free ice cream, explore cutting-edge technology, win exciting prizes, and take home memorable projects. Don’t miss this chance to dive into the world of career and technical education in Utah!
What Our Partners Say
- Wendy Simmerman, Senior Director – Workforce Alignment, Utah Valley University:
- “UVU is thrilled to partner with MTECH and our local schools to highlight the many opportunities and career pathways students have in Career & Technical Education. This event is a fun and engaging way to learn more about how students can leverage their high school experience into rewarding and well-paying jobs, ‘earning and learning’ as they build exciting careers.”
- Clay Bingham, CTE Director, Provo School District:
- “Provo School District is excited to be able to show off the many wonderful career experiences offered in our schools. This event will provide students, parents, and community members with an opportunity to learn more about what is possible through education. The experiences gained through Career and Technical courses set up students for a lifetime of career success. We are proud to sponsor and host this event for our students and community.”
- Clay Christensen, President, MTECH:
- “This event is a fantastic showcase of the amazing career and technical education available for students in the Utah, Summit, and Wasatch county region. Our community ought to know that our K-16 alliance offers amazing educational opportunities across high-wage, high-demand program areas.”
Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to shape your future. Join us on September 25th at Provo High School for a night of inspiration and exploration at the “Get The Scoop on CTE” event!