In a world where pursuing knowledge and personal growth is a beacon of hope, we somehow overlook...
Starting next month, we’re celebrating CTE Month in style, highlighting teachers and students for their work in CTE.
For nearly a century, Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs across the United States have equipped students with technical and life skills to help them successfully enter today’s workforce.
CTE students obtain the academic knowledge and technical and workplace skills to compete in a global economy. Enter any CTE classroom, and you will immediately observe the rigor, relevance, and skills CTE courses offer our students. In Utah, we offer 13 career clusters with 34 Career Pathways. Each career pathway culminates in an industry-recognized credential.
Career clusters include courses in:
- Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources,
- Architecture and Construction,
- Art-Audio Visual Technology and Communications,
- Business, Finance, and Marketing
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Education and Training,
- Engineering and Technology,
- Health Science,
- Hospitality and Tourism,
- Human Services,
- Law-Public Safety Corrections and Security,
- Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics.
These courses can jumpstart students’ careers by preparing them for post-secondary education and Training in high-skill, high-wage, and high-demand occupations. CTE is learning that works– literally and figuratively– for Utah.