Last modified: August 17, 2022
Provo City School District’s Drivers Ed. program has been restructured and changes took effect at the start of the school year. Students will have two options, a brick-and-mortar (traditional classroom) or an online (Canvas) course. Our program consists of four phases; students must complete the following:
Course instruction, brick and mortar (28 hours) or online (30 hours);
- Simulator, two (2) hours a day for three (3) days;
- Road, two (2) hours a day for three (3) days;
- Exam Given on the 4th day of driving
- 40 hours of driving that is supervised by a parent, this should be done prior to enrolling.
Fees and Registration
- $140.00 for the Driver’s Ed program
- Registration and payment will occur through the financial office at your school
- Students must register and pay for Drivers Ed. the month before the class begins
- Students who qualify for a fee waiver will not be required to pay for Drivers Ed.
- Students that take the class online outside of the district will still pay the $140
Online Class (Canvas)
- Ten (10) sessions scheduled throughout the school year
- New class begins each month and the student has 30 days to complete
- Begins on the first day of each month and ends on the last day of the month
- Mandatory face-to-face session the first Tuesday of each class from 2:30 – 4:00 p.m.
- Students will need to have their final proctored by the instructor
- Students will receive a Pass/Fail grade
- Zero Fatalities presentation is a required portion of the class
- Simulator schedule will be Tuesday – Friday from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- A student signs up for the simulator portion and it is for three days
- Must attend for three days
- Each student is assigned a road instructor
- Road instruction will occur two hours a day for three days
- The 4th day of driving will be a 30 minute exam
If you have questions about the program, please contact the site coordinator for your school
Provo High School
Timpview High School