In a world where pursuing knowledge and personal growth is a beacon of hope, we somehow overlook...
At the school board meeting last night, the school board voted to adjust the current plan for secondary schools to transition to Phase 2 on October 26. The details of the new plan for secondary schools are as follows.
- Secondary schools will remain in Phase 1 with no modifications until November 9.
- The board has directed district administration to create a plan, to be presented at the board study session on October 27, to modify Phase 1 for secondary schools.
- The plan will look to keep buildings at 50% of student capacity each day, while potentially increasing the amount of contact students have with teachers each week.
- The modified Phase 1 plan would be implemented in secondary schools beginning November 9.
- Independence High School, due to requests by the school administration and their much smaller student enrollment, was approved to move to Phase 2 whenever the school feels prepared to do so.
Following the board study session on October 27, further details of the plan for secondary schools beginning on November 9 will be communicated via email, the district website, and district social media channels.