Seldom do students and teachers practice gratitude and self-analysis like in our Latinos in Action...
February is Black History Month. This month honors the culture, resilience, and achievements of the Black community throughout American history. We want to acknowledge all those who have advocated for change within our communities and advocate for the continued pursuit of opportunity in Utah!
Celebrate Black History Month and check out the following resources and visit the events shared by the Utah Division of Multicultural Affairs:
- Black Utah: Stories from a Thriving Community
- ABC4 Utah Black History Month Spotlights
- “StoryCorps”: Black History Month
- PBS Black History Month Programming
- Black History Month Resources
- National Park Service – Black History Month
- Smithsonian Institution – National Museum of African American History and Culture
Or, check out the more extensive Utah Black History Month Events list on the UDMA’s spreadsheet.