skip navigation

Last modified: February 17, 2021

More About J1 Visas

J1 Visas Students from other countries who are in grades 9th -12th may want to consider the option of attending school in the State of Utah for one year as a foreign exchange student with a J-1 visa. Please visit the Council on Standards in International Education travel at for a list of organizations that provide international educational travel services. Organizations looking to place students in Provo City School District must have the following to request placement and submit acceptance forms.

  1. a current Certificate of Acceptance and
  2. a Sworn Affidavit of Assurance signed and notarized

The link below will provide you the policy and form. View J1 Visa Information

Total amount of students that Provo City School District will permit for the 2021-2022 school year – To be determined in April by USBE. We have been granted 7 slots in the past.

Please contact the Student Services Office for questions and concerns Lauren Schoenwald Designated School Official 801-374-4802 Liz M Robles Principal Designated School Official 801-370-4640