Last modified: May 10, 2022
Please read the eSchool Participation and Attendance Expectations document before registering your student in eSchool.
New Student Registration
If your student is in grades K-8, use the K-12 Parent Portal to register your student and fill out the K12 portion of the application. This process is necessary to receive materials for class. Please choose your student’s elective(s) by filling out this K-8 Electives form.
What To Expect
Students using the K12 program (grades K-8) participate in a hybrid learning system. Some materials and workbooks will be sent home for the student to use as well as having access to their classes and other materials online. The learning coach (usually the parent/guardian) will guide their student through the courses each day, recording their progress online. Weekly student progress goals take the place of daily attendance. All courses are asynchronous. A Utah-certified teacher is assigned to each student to help with content mastery, pacing, scheduling, etc. and can be contacted via phone, email, or video conference. The family is responsible for their own internet access and computer.
K12 Course Schedule by Grade
Kindergarten – Full-time=3 classes
- Math, Language Arts, 1 other (science, history, art, music, fitness and health)
1st-2nd grade – Full-time=5 classes
- Math, Language Arts, Science, History, and 1 elective (art, music, fitness and health)
3rd grade – Full-time=5 classes
- Math, Language Arts, Science, History, and 1 elective (art, music, health, Chinese, French, Spanish)
4th-5th grade – Full-time=5 classes
- Math, Language Arts, Science, History, and 1 elective (art, music, Chinese, French, German, Spanish)
6th grade – Full-time=6 classes
- Math, Language Arts, Science, History, and 2 electives (art, music, Chinese, French, German, Latin, Spanish, computer literacy, journalism, photography, PE)
7th-8th grade – Full-time=6-7 classes
- Math, Language Arts, Science, History, and 2-3 electives (art, music, PE, health, Chinese, French, German, Latin, Spanish, career explorations, computer literacy, journalism, photography)
**Courses are yearlong for grades K-5, semester-length for grades 6-8.
Grades K-5 – 50% online/50% offline
The 50% offline usually involves the learning coach/parent (scripted portions of the lesson, setting up experiments, grading some quizzes, etc.). The amount of time a full-time student spends on K12 is comparable to learning time in a brick and mortar school, 4-6 hours a day. A parent is involved directly for 2-3 hours a day of that (excluding prepping/gathering materials).
Grades 6-8 – Split online/offline
Math is 100% online. Other subjects are 80% online/20% offline. Little to no parental involvement required in daily lessons. Students always need support from parents overall.