Electronic Flier Distribution
Provo City School District has discovered that sending hard copy flyers home in student backpacks is not as effective in today’s digital world. As part of our ongoing commitment to be more environmentally-friendly and to ensure parents have quick and easy access to important information, we are transitioning to a digital flyer delivery system. The district has contracted with Peachjar to provide a digital e-flyer service. Peachjar sends approved flyers directly to parents’ email inbox and posts them online on all school websites. With Peachjar, parents can easily find and view flyers, and take action immediately to sign up for activities and events. All flyers may be accessed by clicking on the peachjar button found on your school website.
Peachjar has many benefits for parents, students, community organizations, and school staff, including:
- keeps parents informed about school activities and community events/resources
- saves trees by reducing the amount of paper printed
- reduces copy costs by thousands of dollars
- removes the administrative burden from teachers, office staff, and volunteers of making copies and stuffing backpacks
- ensures students stay focused on important academic and extra-curricular activities, instead of delivering paperwork to their parents
Peachjar Information for Parents
Provo City School District uses an electronic flyer communication and delivery tool called “Peachjar.” This tool allows schools and community organizations to save paper and reduce copy costs by thousands of dollars. It also reduces the number of flyers sent home in students’ backpacks. All flyers from community organizations will be posted on your school website and sent directly to your email.
To view school-approved flyers, simply click the Peachjar button on your school’s website homepage. The button will look like this:
No action is required on your part. You will receive a welcome email from our service provider (Peachjar) that includes a username and password. This is provided to give you the opportunity to manage your account and flyer delivery preferences. You do not need to login to receive or view school digital flyers.
To ensure smooth delivery of this communication, we suggest you add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts. When you receive your first e-flyer, be sure to click “always display images.”
This system is used exclusively for distribution of school-approved flyers. Your email address will not be shared or used for any other purpose. There is also a button to unsubscribe from Peachjar emails. Keep in mind, if you unsubscribe, you may miss out on important information about school events and opportunities for your child.
Thank you for supporting our efforts to ensure parents are well-informed about school programs, activities, and events.
Information for Community Organizations
Peachjar provides an innovative flyer management system that sends approved flyers directly to parents’ email inbox and posts them online on all school websites. With Peachjar, parents can easily find and view flyers, and take action immediately to sign up for activities and events. Paper flyers will no longer be distributed.
If you wish to distribute flyers to Provo City School District parents, you may register for a Peachjar account as a “Program Provider” and upload your flyer for distribution to your desired schools within Provo. Peachjar does charge a fee to Program Providers, but it is significantly less than the cost of printing flyers for our 43,000 students. The cost is $25 per school, per flyer, per month with options to purchase bulk rate packages. Peachjar accepts payment with a credit card or through a PayPal account.
Once you create a Peachjar account, you will upload flyers for approval by the district’s Student Services Office. Please be aware of the district’s Guidelines for Online Flyer Distribution which can be found below. Most importantly, an organization requesting flyer distribution must be a qualified non-profit with proof of non-profit status. The information on the flyer must serve to benefit students and must not interfere, conflict, or compete with programs offered by Provo City School District. Use of the district’s flyer distribution system shall be under the supervision and control of the Superintendent or designees(s). The district reserves the right to deny any request
District Guidelines for Posting Informational Flyers on Peachjar
In accordance with School Board Policy 3605, the Provo City School District does not allow students and staff to be subjected to and/or utilized as marketing and advertising conduits. However, the Provo City School District realizes that there are community activities and events that may be of interest to parents seeking resources for their children. In lieu of hard-copy flyer distributions to publicize these events, the Provo City School District is using the services of Peachjar for the posting of approved eFlyers on each school’s website so that they are accessible to staff, parents, and students as wanted/needed.
The following guidelines are used to determine what is appropriate for posting on Peachjar:
The distribution of materials district-wide is to meet the following general categories:
- Information about the schools and district policy
- Opportunities to enroll in non-profit programs that enrich student lives
- Description of government or non-profit services to students and families
- Information from colleges and universities
- Information that supports student educational growth and well-being
For-Profit Private Businesses
These materials are generally not permitted. Exceptions can be made if approved by the superintendent or designee when in his/her judgement, the potential value to students and/or public interest is of significant educational and/or recreational value or may augment fund-raising efforts of schools or on behalf of schools.
Community Non-Profit Organizations
These materials are permitted, if the content is relative to children and/or education. Non-profit status must be verified before approval is granted.
The Provo City School District has partnerships with many government agencies that are supported and encouraged by the district. This typically would include county/city parks and recreation departments, city-sponsored events, etc.
Political Campaign Materials
Information endorsing or promoting a particular candidate or ballot issue is not permitted to be distributed to or through students or staff unless approved by the superintendent or designee.
Guidelines for Posting Fliers
- Create an account at https://www.peachjar.com.
- District-wide eFlyer distribution is approved by Provo City School District Student Services Administration for posting on Peachjar.
- To ensure timely posting, flyers should be uploaded for approval at least 10 business days in advance of the event.
- Paper copies of the information will not be distributed to students and are not to be delivered to the school buildings.
- Flyers will be posted only for nonprofit organizations. Exceptions may be approved through the superintendent’s office or by his/her designee.
- Flyers are primarily for student events within the school district boundaries and countywide activities.
- Information posted cannot be in violation of Board policy, state or federal law.
- Flyers cannot contain for-profit information or logos unless approved by the superintendent or designee.
- Official proof of nonprofit status must be provided upon request by Peachjar and/or the Shawnee Mission School District.
- Flyers will remain posted up to 30 days. Questions and/or concerns about the posting process for eFlyers as well as credits and/or refunds should be addressed directly with Peachjar at 858-997-2117, ext. 130.
Each request will be reviewed by the Student Services staff on an individual basis with the aforementioned criteria in mind. The decision not to post your organization’s information is not to be considered disapproval of the activity/event, but rather a decision based on the best interests of the Provo City School District.