Last modified: September 24, 2020
Provo eSchool is an accredited, public online school run by the Provo School District. Provo eSchool is designed to be different. It offers a rigorous but flexible education model tailored to the individual student’s needs and interests. If your family is higher risk from COVID-19, Provo eSchool might be a solution for you. Please check with your school counselors to discuss your options.
Provo eSchool offers nearly 400 online courses from several reputable providers. Our curriculum is powered by online education leaders:
- K12 – Including access to world language courses starting in 3rd grade. Serves students in grades K-8.
- BYU Independent Study – Up to 250 choices for students in middle and high school.
We believe students should be able to earn credit in things they are passionate about! In simple terms, eSchool is about choice.
What resources and supports are needed for a successful Provo eSchool student?
- Has stable internet and computer access. (The District can provide a Chromebook);
- Has a learning coach (parent/guardian) available daily to guide the student through the K12 curriculum to ensure completion of lessons;
- Responds to teacher communications at least weekly and reaches out to the teacher with questions; and
- Completes the weekly progress and participation goal. Work days and times during the week are flexible.
How much of the Provo eSchool curriculum is online versus how much comes to the family in physical materials needing parental support?
- Grades K-5 – 50% online, 50% offline
- The 50% offline usually involves the learning coach/parent (scripted portions of the lesson, setting up experiments, grading some quizzes, etc.). A parent is involved directly for 2-3 hours a day of that time.
- Grades 6-8 – Online/Offline split varies Math is 100% online, Other subjects are 80% online, 20% offline. Little to no parental involvement required in daily lessons. Students benefit from support and reinforcement from parents.
- Grades 9-12 – 100% online.
- Students benefit from support and reinforcement from parents.
Find out more on the Provo eSchool Page