- The Superintendent shall only disburse state transportation funds for transporting eligible students.
- The Superintendent shall determine transportation eligibility for elementary students (k-6) and secondary students (7-12) in accordance with the mileage from home, specified in Subsections 53A-17a-127(1) and (2), to the school attended by assignment of the local school board.
- a student enrolled in kindergarten through grade six who lives at least 1-1/2 miles from school.
- a student enrolled in grades seven through 12 who lives at least two miles from school.
- A student whose IEP identifies transportation as a necessary related service is eligible for transportation regardless of distance from the school attended by assignment of the local school board.
- The distance from home to school is determined as follows: From the center of the public route (road, thoroughfare, walkway, or highway) open to public use, opposite the regular entrance of the one where the pupil is living, over the nearest public route (thoroughfare, road, walkway, or highway) open regularly for use by the public, to the center of the public route (thoroughfare, road, walkway, or highway) open to public use, opposite the nearest public entrance to the school grounds which the student is attending.
(Utah Code 53A-17a-127, R277-600-4)