Students may begin by participating in their school STEM Fair. Each project can have 1-3 students involved. Please contact your school for information and date/s. If students qualify at their school Fair, they may continue on and compete at the District level STEM Fair which will be held February 23, 2018. Then, students may qualify to participate in the regional level Fair. We are in the Central Utah Region; it includes students from Provo, Alpine, Jordan, Nebo and Wasatch School Districts. The regional Fair is scheduled for March 26-27, 2018. It will be hosted by BYU and held on their campus.
For more information please visit the Central Utah STEM Fair Website
Stem Fair Results
Our DIstrict STEM Fair had many high quality projects. We hope all the participants plan to compete again next year!
Secondary School Winners
- 1st Place – Cameron Gordon (Physics, Astronomy, & Mathematics)
- 2nd Place – Jayden Server (Animal & Plant Biology)
- 3rd Place – Jacob Wilson (Engineering: Materials & Mechanical)
- 4th Place – Aliya Featherstone (Earth & Environmental Science)
Elementary School Winners
- 1st Place – Mya Jansen (Product Testing & Consumer Science), Mitchell Harding (Product Testing & Consumer Science)
- 2nd Place – Robinson Noila (Product Testing & Consumer Science), Maddox Martinez (Physics, Astronomy, & Mathematics)
- 3rd Place – Ashleigh Gardner (Life Science) , June WIley (Life Science)
- 4th Place – Sadie Wabel (Product Testing & Consumer Science) , Isabelle Walch (Life Science)
Winners will be presented and receive their awards at our District School Board Meeting on Tuesday, March 13 at 7 pm. (Parents are responsible for transportation.)
Secondary Central Utah STEM Fair Qualifiers
Project Numbers: 26, 20, 15, 27, 25, 3, 29, 30, 22, 28, 21, 2, 12, 34, 13, 23, 5, 11, 35, 19, 24, 9, 6, 8, 7
Elementary Central Utah STEM Fair Qualifiers
Project Numbers: 67, 16, 14, 70, 99, 89, 13, 85, 52, 39, 96, 92, 93, 38, 101, 17, 6, 98, 95, 55, 81, 37, 80, 51, 88, 31, 19, 59, 91, 66, 24, 75, 33, 61, 36, 11, 32, 53, 90, 78, 56, 103, 104, 27, 25, 10, 8, 41, 22, 87
If your project qualified to move on to the CUSF, please register online on the Central Utah Stem Fair Website as soon as possible. The registration deadline is this Thursday!
Forms for STEM Fair Participation
The forms can be used for all levels of the competition.
- Elementary Participation Form
- Elementary Participation Form in Spanish
- Middle School Participation Form
- Middle School Participation Form in Spanish
- High School Participation Form
Below you will find links to help you create a project with all the elements to be success, evaluation rubrics, and an outline of a research plan. If you have questions, please contact your school’s STEM Fair Coordinator.
- Elements of a Successful Project
- Research Plan Outline
- Scientific Project Rubric
- Engineering Project Rubric