Last modified: October 3, 2022
STEM Fair – February 10, 2023
STEM Fair is scheduled for Feb 10, 2023 from 3pm-7pm at Centennial Middle School.
We enjoyed all the project from last year! Our District STEM Fair had many high quality projects, here are last years winners.
Secondary School Winners & CUSEF Qualifiers 2022:
Forms with information regarding CUSEF Registration will be sent to individual schools. Congratulations to our winners!
- Grand Prize $50 gift card- – 110: Detoxification of Brine Shrimp from the Great Salt Lake
- 1st Place $20 gift card- – 102: How Low Can You Grow?, 115: Save Our Plants
- 2nd Place $10 gift card- – 105: Glucose Induced Alterations in Blood Clotting, 101: KRESS!, 100: If you feed a plant sugar water will it grow in the dark?
- 3rd Place $5 gift card- – 108: Hot Pepper Fruit Preservation Experiment, 106: Blocking UV Light: Stopping Skin Cancer One Heat at a Time, 119: Effects of STAT3 on Pathological Retinal Angiogenesis
- Honorable Mention- – 116: Bully Block: The Easy to Use Software to Reduce Bullying, 118: Do Your Earphones Fall Out?, 113: Engineering Mortar Mixtures to Incorporate Waste Plastics, 120: Saving Water Around the House, 104: The Effect of Temperature and Sugar on the fermentation of Yeast, 109: What makes apples sour?, 112: Is Seagrass Insulation the secret to Carnegie Hall’s Acoustics?, 107: Drink it, To Believe it, 114: Just a Mole, 111: Shower Power, 117: Super Duper Dog Food Scooper, 103 That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard
Elementary School Winners and CUSEF qualifiers 2022:
- 1st Place- $20 gift card-– 235: Coloring Memories, 242: Violin Biking, 229: Sweet, Sweet Glucose
- 2nd Place- $10 gift card – 239: WiFi Blockers, 269: Is Your Bottled Water Acidic?, 254: Geyser Power
- 3rd Place-$5 gift card – 277: Generating Electricity with Water, 211: Battery Water Filter, 262: Throwing a Curveball, 278: Eggs-ellent Learning!, 281: How Much Water Does Rice Hold?, 280: House Hunters Hamster Edition,
- Honorable Mention– 226: Which Drink Stains Teeth the Most, 209: How do you make sharpie more permanent?, 246: How much do worms help the decomposing process?, 204: PH Levels, 234: Does Sugar Help Plants Grow?, 241: Chuckapolt, 233: The Germy Truth, 232: What is the best way to mummify an apple?, 263: Warped Words, 223: Computer Program for how to Draw, 279: Speed Cubing, 221: Density of Liquids, 240: Penergy, 231: Blindness and Balance, 218: Clean Water, 205: Elephant Toothpaste- yeast or potassium iodide?, 225: Can kids understand toddler talk more than adults with or without children?, 219: Borax Crystals, 267: Bubble, Bubble, Pop!, 210: Royal Plastic, 244: Building a Better Doll Leg, 271: Bubble Over Problem, 247: Stalactite Mine, 268: Cookie Connections, 228: Does warming the wrists keep the hands and core warm?, 251: 5- second rule, 264: Does the color of a food affect whether or not people like it?, 249: Growing Mold on Gum, 276: Audio Bedtime Books, 245: Wonderful Water Heater, 257: Melting Ice Frisbies, 275: Cup of Dirt, 236: Fruit Flies, 250: What makes apple slices turn brown?, 215: What liquid will clean a dirty penny the best?, 272: How to get rid of onion breath?, 238: Does listening to music affect running?, 212: Where’s my water? Additional Awards will be delivered to the individual schools.
If your project qualified to move on to the CUSEF (Central Utah Science Engineering Fair), please register online at http://cusef.byu.edu/registration.
For more information please visit the Central Utah STEM Fair Website
Forms for STEM Fair Participation
The CUSEF (Central Utah Science & Engineering Fair) forms are used for all levels of the competition.
Below you will find links to help you create a project with all the elements to be successful, helpful resources, and judging rubrics. If you have questions, please contact your school’s STEM Fair Coordinator.
- Elements of a Successful Project
- Importance of a STEM Journal
- Writing an Abstract
- Science Fair Student printable journal
- Engineering Fair Student printable journal
- Computer Science Student printable journal
- Science Fair CANVAS course
- Engineering Fair CANVAS course
- Computer Science CANVAS course
- STEM Fair Judging Rubric