Elementary Resources for Teachers
Professional Organizations support teachers in their practice through mentoring, professional development, networking, jobs and scholarships. Many organization offer professional development through courses, publications, workshops, and information on their websites. They also keep members up to date on industry trends and how to deal with them.
Teaching the Core
To help teachers implement the core standards in thoughtful ways, the following resources are available to use in the classroom.
- America Achieves (Common Core information, lesson plans, teaching videos, etc.)
- Appendix A (background and research) of Utah Core Standards
- Appendix B (text exemplars and sample performance tasks) of Utah Core Standards. *Note: Some exemplars on this list would not be approved for use in Provo City School District.
- Appendix C (annotated writing samples) of Utah Core Standards
- District English and Language Arts Essentials
- International Reading Association
- Literacy Across the Curriculum
- Math Across the Curriculum
- National Council of Teachers of English
- State Language Arts and Content Literacy Core Standards
- USOE: Alignment of SAGE Writing Rubrics and Core
- Utah State Office of Education’s Secondary Language Arts digital books (grades 6-12)
- Utah State Office of Education’s Secondary Language Arts resources
Using a rich range of diverse print and digital media, Wonders provides the instructional support and materials you will only find in a program that was created to teach the rigor, intent, and depth of the new Common Core State Standards.
Wonders Instruction Essentials
The program provides unmatched support for:
- Building a strong reading foundation
- Accessing complex text
- Finding and using text evidence
- Engaging in collaborative conversations
- Writing to sources
Treasures Video Tutorials and Documents