Purpose of the Diversity & Equity Community Council
What’s the purpose of the Diversity & Equity Community Advisory Council?
The purpose of the Diversity & Equity Community Advisory Council is to advise the Provo City School District in various areas of the District’s educational programs and services. The Council will serve as a liaison between the Provo City School District and school community. The Council will be composed of individuals from the community who are willing to bring fresh ideas and commitment to promoting Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. At the same time preserving the continuity of purpose, experience, and effectiveness to the District in promoting the interests of all students in the Provo City School District. It is understood that the Diversity & Equity Community Advisory Council is committed to maintaining close contact with the Provo City School District so that openness and transparency will be promoted to help create a sense of community and to create a culture that encourages all students to graduate.
- Advise and provide solutions to the Provo School District in regards to the specific challenges that students are dealing within the school district.
- Identify educational support and resources for all students in the Provo School District that leads to graduation.
- Work in partnership with the Provo City School District in strengthening the educational services and social experience to all students in a safe environment.
- Help foster a cooperative working relationship between the district and school community.
- Work to ensure that district policies are meeting the educational and social needs of all students.
- Build upon and develop a long-term District Diversity & Equity Strategic Plan.
- Help develop strategies to encourage the hiring and promotion of diverse staff and professional personnel of multi-ethnic backgrounds.
- Provide a forum for the community to take an active part in the education and well-being of all students in the Provo City School District.
- Assist district parent/legal guardian/caregiver advisory committees with planning cultural/social events that celebrates and brings awareness of the diversity in Provo City.
- The Advisory Community Council will meet every 2nd Wednesday of the quarter at the Grandview Technology Center (1591 Jordan Ave) from 5:30-7:00 PM. (March, June, September, and December) Meetings will be conducted thru the Zoom virtual platform this school year.