Spring Kindergarten Registration
Welcome, we are excited for your child to join Provo City School District! The following will provide you with information regarding the registration of your incoming Kindergarten student. Children who will be 5 years old on or before September 1 are eligible for enrollment. For a Kindergartner seeking enrollment for the current school year visit our Student Registration page.
Kindergarten – Here We Come! Pamphlet
The Utah State Office of Education together with the Utah Family Center and the Office of Child Care developed a pamphlet to support your child’s learning before entering Kindergarten. The pamphlet is available in English and Spanish or for a paper copy please contact your school.
Individuals with Disabilities
Provo City School District is interested in alleviating any unnecessary stress to individuals with disabilities. When students with disabilities are beginning school for the first time in a Provo school, they and their parents are encouraged to visit the school to identify barriers, which may require adaptations to accommodate their needs. To expedite any such accommodations, early contact with the Principal will be helpful.
For kindergarten attendance for the 2021/2022 school year, Utah State law requires the following immunizations for the protection of your child and others from communicable diseases:
- 5 DTaP*
- 4 Polio*
- 2 MMR
- 3 Hepatitis B
- 2 Hepatitis A
- 2 Varicella (Chickenpox)**
*The 5th DTP and 4th Polio immunizations need to be given after the child’s 4th birthday, the first MMR and Chickenpox vaccines must be given after the first birthday.
** Documentation of varicella disease or “chicken pox” must be confirmed by your licensed healthcare provider if no varicella immunization has been given.
Immunizations are available from your personal physician or from the Utah County Health Department (UCHD) at the following times and locations. If your child needs immunizations and you will be getting them at UCHD, please take your records of previous immunizations when you go.
- 151 S. University Ave. Suite 1900, Provo Mon, Tues, Fri. 8:00 to 5:00
- 151 S. University Ave. Suite 1900, Provo Wed. 8:00 to 7:00
- 151 S. University Ave. Suite 1900, Provo Thurs. 9:00 to 5:00
- 599 S. 500 E. Suite 2, American Fork Mon. thru Fri. 8:00 to 4:30
- 285 N State Rd. 198 3rd floor, Payson Mon. thru Fri 8:00 to 11:30 & 1:00 to 4:30
To claim a personal, religious or medical exemption, the legal guardian must complete an on-line educational module (free of charge) and provide a copy of the completed form to the school official. The on-line course can be found at www.immunize-utah.org. Completion of the online educational module can be done at the Health Department if you do not have access to a computer. For a medical exemption, a written note from a licensed health care provider must be provided along with a copy of the completed online educational module. It should state the physical condition of the student, and why that vaccine would endanger the student’s life or health.
A physical examination, including vision screening, and a dental examination are recommended for students entering kindergarten, for the first time. Although exams are not mandatory, they are encouraged as a means of assisting parents and teachers to remain well informed about the child’s physical well-being. Utah County Health Dept. Wellness Clinic performs physicals for $30. Appointments can be made by calling 801-851-7031. Physical and dental exams and immunizations are advised in the Spring and early Summer to avoid crowds in the fall.
Medications During School Hours
If your student has any medical condition that needs attention during school time, please contact the school nurse.
Registration is a 2-step process, mainly done online.
Submit basic information beginning March 1st.
The school’s registrar will create a Powerschool Parent Account and send you an email with further instructions. This process will happen once the school begins their Kindergarten process, please refer to the schedule below to know specific dates. Registrations that are submitted outside of the set period will experience some delay, once school starts, it will only be a matter of days to complete the process. Please contact your school’s registrar to get a more accurate idea.
Login to Powerschool using the information sent to you in the email from the registrar. This second portion should take approximately 20-30 min. If you need assistance, please contact your school, or visit our office.
Submit the following documents to the school.
- Child’s birth certificate
- Child’s immunization records – including dates of all shots, or exception certificates. Children may register but cannot attend school until immunizations are up to date and a copy of the record has been turned into the school. Please see the information about immunization for more details.
- Proof of address (example: utility bill or rental agreement)
- Photo ID
- TB testing (if applicable)**
**Utah County requires proof of tuberculosis testing for ALL foreign-born students* entering schools for the first time, and students who have lived in a foreign country* for six months or more within the past five years. *except Canada
Please do not send any documentation through email, use any of the following methods to submit your documents.
- Upload documentation through PowerSchool or
- DropBox at PCSD – Drop documents into a secure mailbox located in the North West Entrance of the Building to the right of the double doors of Provo City School District’s building located at 280 W 940 N Provo. The documents will be scanned by Student Services and sent to the schools. Please seal documents into an envelope and write the name of the school on it or
- Send Registered Mail – parents would mail the documents to the schools or
- Fax – speak with the registrar and plan for arrangements or
- Call the school and make an appointment to receive the paperwork.
For registration to be complete both the online information and the above-named items must be received by the school.
If you know of families with kindergarten-age children who will be attending school next year, please share this information with them.
Spring Kindergarten Registration Dates
Please note that these dates only mark the beginning of each school’s Spring Registration for the 2021-2022 Kindergarten students.
- Amelia Earhart Elementary
- Registrar: Jaime Oldham
- The ONLINE process will begin March 1st. To visit the school IN-PERSON contact the office to set up an appointment for March 22nd-25th (Mon-Thurs) Please visit https://amelia.provo.edu/ for more information about the school.
- Canyon Crest Elementary
- Registrar: Tiffany McCloud
- The ONLINE process will begin March 1st. Once you have completed your ONLINE registration we will send you a link to sign up for a time to visit our school IN-PERSON to bring in your students documents. These IN-PERSON days will be held March 25th and 26th from 2pm to 4pm at our school. Please visit https://canyoncrest.provo.edu/ for more information about the school.
- Edgemont Elementary
- Registrar: Stephanie Flygare
- The ONLINE process will begin March 1st. To visit the school IN-PERSON, come into the office anytime between 11am-1pm, and 2pm-3pm, March 22nd-25th (Mon-Thurs). Please visit https://edgemont.provo.edu/ more information about the school.
- Franklin Elementary
- Registrar: Rosario Hansen
- To visit the school IN-PERSON contact the office to set up an appointment for March 22nd through the 26th (Mon-Fri) from 9 to 11am. The ONLINE process will begin March 1st. Please visit https://franklin.provo.edu/ for more information about the school.
- Lakeview Elementary
- Registrar: Gabriela Lopez
- The ONLINE process will begin March 1st. Please visit https://lakeview.provo.edu/ for more information about the school.
- Provo Peaks Elementary
- Registrar: Maria Thurston
- To visit the school IN-PERSON contact the office to set up an appointment for March 22nd through the 26th (Mon-Fri) from 10 am to 2pm. The ONLINE process will begin March 1st. Please visit https://peaks.provo.edu/ for more information about the school.
- Provost Elementary
- Registrar: Aidelin Gonzalez
- The ONLINE process will begin March 1st. To visit the school IN-PERSON contact the office to set up an appointment for March 22nd through the 26th (Mon-Fri) from 9am to 3pm. Please visit https://provost.provo.edu/ for more information about the school.
- Rock Canyon Elementary
- Registrar: Kimberly Fountain
- The ONLINE process will begin March 1st. To visit the school IN-PERSON visit beginning March 26th from 1:45 to 3 pm. Please visit https://rockcanyon.provo.edu/ for more information about the school.
- Spring Creek Elementary
- Registrar: Debbie Harker
- The ONLINE process will begin March 1st. Please contact the office to set up an appointment prior to your visit. Please visit https://springcreek.provo.edu/ for more information about the school.
- Sunset View Elementary
- Registrar: Carol Izelo
- The ONLINE process will begin March 1st. To visit the school IN-PERSON contact the office to set up an appointment for March 15th to the 18th (Mon-Thur) from 10am to 2 pm. Please visit https://sunset.provo.edu/ for more information about the school.
- Timpanogos Elementary
- Registrar: Rachel Krushinsky
- To visit the school IN-PERSON contact the office to set up an appointment for March 22nd through the 25th (Mon-Thur) from 9am to 2pm. Walk-ins are welcomed. The ONLINE process will begin March 1st. Please visit https://timpanogos.provo.edu/ for more information about the school.
- Wasatch Elementary
- Registrar:Becky Robinson
- The ONLINE process will begin March 1st. Please visit https://wasatch.provo.edu/ for more information about the school.
- Westridge Elementary
- Registrar: Linda Phillips
- The ONLINE process will begin March 1st, and the school will process the children’s registration between April 12th to the 16th (Mon-Fri). To visit the school IN-PERSON contact the office to set up an appointment for April 12 – 16 (Mon-Fri) from 10am to 2 pm.
- Please visit https://westridge.provo.edu/ for more information about the school.
All initial assessments will be postponed.
If you have questions about the enrollment process you may contact your school or call the Student Services Office at 801.374.4838.