LGBTQ+ Advisory Committee
What’s the purpose of the LGBTQ+ advisory committee?
The purpose of the LGBTQ+ Advisory Committee is to bring Parents/Legal Guardians/Caregivers and the Provo City School District (PCSD) together to accomplish goals that will enhance the academic/social needs of LGBTQ+ Students and to build on relations.
- Provide parents/legal guardians/caregivers to have the opportunity to participate in the school life of their children.
- Unite parents/legal guardians/caregivers and district by fostering positive communication to help understand cultural differences.
- Nurturing community involvement by providing various cultural/social opportunities to help educate the various populations within the Provo City School District and celebrating the various cultures/differences in Provo City.
Establish a supportive relationship between parents/legal guardians/caregivers of students and the Provo City School District. This relationship will be built through constructive discussions in which parents/legal guardians/caregivers will discuss the challenges that students are having in any of the schools of the Provo City School District. In addition, the LGBTQ+ Advisory Committee will present possible solutions to those problems to the Provo City School District, Student Services Department. Furthermore, the LBGTQ+ Advisory Committee will plan activities and create strategies to strength the relationship between, parents/legal guardians/caregivers, students and the Provo City School District.
- To identify educational support and resources for LGBTQ+ students in the Provo School District.
- To work in partnership with the Provo City School District in strengthening the services provided to LGBTQ+ students.
- Help foster a cooperative working relationship between the district and parents/legal guardians/caregivers.
- Help increase more parent/legal guardians/caregivers’ involvement in schools.
- Provide a forum for all parents/legal guardians/caregivers to take an active part in the education and well-being of their children.
- Advise and present solutions to the Provo City School District in regards to the specific difficulties that LGBTQ+ students are dealing within the school district.
- Plan family and community events that will celebrate the various cultures/difference in the district and bring awareness to the community.
Every 3rd Tuesday from 6:30-7:30 pm at the Grandview Technology Center. (1591 Jordan Ave.)