Latino Advisory Committee
What’s the purpose of the Latino advisory committee?
The purpose of the Latino Advisory Committee is to bring Parents/Legal Guardians/Caregivers and the Provo City School District (PCSD) together to accomplish goals that will enhance the academic/social needs of all Pacific Islander Students and to build on relations.
- Provide parents/legal guardians/caregivers to have the opportunity to participate in the school life of their children.
- Unite parents/legal guardians/caregivers and district by fostering positive communication to help understand cultural differences.
- Nurturing community involvement by providing various cultural/social opportunities to help educate the various populations within the Provo City School District and celebrating the various cultures/differences in Provo City.
Establish a supportive relationship between parents/legal guardians/caregivers of students and the Provo City School District. This relationship will be built through constructive discussions in which parents/legal guardians/caregivers will discuss the challenges that students are having in any of the schools of the Provo City School District. In addition, the Latino Advisory Committee will present possible solutions to those problems to the Provo City School District, Student Services Department. Furthermore, the Latino Advisory Committee will plan activities and create strategies to strength the relationship between, parents/legal guardians/caregivers, students and the Provo City School District.
- To identify educational support and resources for Latino students in the Provo School District.
- To work in partnership with the Provo City School District in strengthening the services provided to Latino students.
- Help foster a cooperative working relationship between the district and parents/legal guardians/caregivers.
- Help increase more parent/legal guardians/caregivers’ involvement in schools.
- Provide a forum for all parents/legal guardians/caregivers to take an active part in the education and well-being of their children.
- Advise and present solutions to the Provo City School District in regards to the specific difficulties that Latino students are dealing within the school district.
- Plan family and community events that will celebrate the various cultures/difference in the district and bring awareness to the community.
Every 1st Saturday from 10:00-11:00 am at the Grandview Learning Center. (1591 Jordan Ave.)