Latino Advisory Committee
Purpose of the Latino advisory committee
The purpose of the Latino Advisory Committee is to bring Parents/Legal Guardians/Caregivers and the Provo City School District (PCSD) together to set goals and find solutions that will strengthen the district for the benefit of all students needs, and build on relations that will lead the Provo City School District students to graduation.
- Provide parents/legal guardians/caregivers an opportunity to participate in the school life of their children.
- Unite parents/legal guardians/caregivers and district by fostering positive communication to help understand cultural/social differences.
- Nurturing community involvement by providing various cultural/social opportunities to help educate and bring awareness to the various populations within the Provo City School District and celebrating the various cultures/social differences in Provo City.
- Provide guidance and support to the district to help guide students towards graduation by understanding the cultural/social differences in the district and community.
Establish a supportive relationship between parents/legal guardians/caregivers of students and the Provo City School District. This relationship will be built through constructive discussions in which parents/legal guardians/caregivers will discuss the challenges that students are having in any of the schools of the Provo City School District. In addition, the Latino Advisory Committee will present recommendations to those challenges to the Provo City School District, Student Services Department. Furthermore, the Latino Advisory Committee will plan cultural activities in order to educate and strength the relationship between, parents/legal guardians/caregivers, students and the Provo City School District community.
- To identify educational/social/emotional support and resources for Latino students in the Provo School District.
- To work in partnership with the Provo City School District in strengthening the services provided to all students.
- Help foster a cooperative working relationship between the district and parents/legal guardians/caregivers.
- Help increase more parent/legal guardians/caregivers’ involvement in schools.
- Provide a forum for all parents/legal guardians/caregivers to take an active part in the education, social and well-being of all PCSD students.
- Advise and present solutions to the Provo City School District in regards to the specific difficulties that Latino students are dealing within the PCSD.
- Plan district/ committee activities and events that will celebrate the various cultures/social difference in the district and bring awareness to Provo City
Every 2nd Saturday from 10:00-11:00 via Zoom. Meeting is held in Spanish and everyone is welcome to join, english translation available if necessary. For the 21-22 school year the committee will meet from Sept – April.
Meeting ID: 297 602 9122 Passcode: 634267