Adapted Physical Education
Adapted Physical Education is physical education which has been adapted or modified, so that it is as appropriate for the person with a disability as it is for a person without a disability.-APENS (Adapted Physical Education National Standards)
Federal law mandates that physical education be provided to students with disabilities and defines Physical Education as the development of:
- physical and motor skills
- fundamental motor skills and patterns (throwing, catching, walking, running, etc)
- skills in aquatics, dance, and individual and group games and sports (including intramural and lifetime sports)
The following are the services I provide.
- Planning services
- Assessment of Individuals /Ecosystems
- Prescription/Placement: The IEP
- Evaluation of Services
- Coordination of Resources and Consulting
Are you concerned with your student’s ability to participate in P.E.?
Contact your school Special Education Facilitator or Special Education Teacher to discuss your options.