As educators, we do our best to prepare our students for the future—but what does this...
- Download Full Auxiliary Building RFP
- Download General Bid Requirements
- Download Bid Set
- Download Addendum 1
- Download Addendum 2
- Dropbox Link to documents
Provo City School District seeks a Request for Proposal (RFP) for Construction Management/General Contractor (CM/GC) services for the following projects:
Auxiliary Services Building Addition and Renovation
The Request for Proposal (RFP) documents, including the selection requirements and the selection schedule, will be available on Tuesday, January 3rd, 2022 on the Provo City School District website, www.provo.edu.
Proposals are due on Wednesday, February 2nd, 2022 by 2:00 PM.
Proposals to be delivered in a sealed envelope to: Provo City School District Purchasing, Attention to Tina Fluehe, 280 West 940 North, Provo, Utah 84604.
The CM/GC for these projects must be a Utah Licensed General Contractor. The District will enter into an agreement for the project with the successful Contractor.
The Provo City School District Board of Education reserves the right to reject any or all proposals, or to waive any formality or technicality in any proposal in the best interest of the District.
Description of Work
Auxiliary Services Building Addition & Renovation
The CM/GC project includes the construction of approximately 2600 square feet addition and approximately 750 square feet of renovation. The existing building is located north of Sunset View Elementary. The site is located in the vicinity of 527 South 1600 West, Provo, Utah.
The CM/GC must be capable and willing to work closely with the Owner and Design Consultants. The Project Architect is Curtis Miner Architecture.
Plans will be available by Monday, January 3rd, 2022. Construction is expected to commence April of 2022 with completion by September of 2022.
The selection criteria will include the following:
- 20% Qualifications of Proposed Superintendent and Proposed Project Manager.
- 80% Evaluation of Lump Sum Bid
Requests for Information
All requests for information regarding these projects shall be submitted to District Purchasing, Attn: Tina Fluehe, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Day to Submit Questions
Questions must be received no later than the time and date listed on the Project Schedule. Questions and answers will be posted on the Provo City School District website.
Responses to questions and requests for clarification will be in writing and issued as addenda to the Request for Proposals. The addenda or notice of the addendum will be posted on the Provo City School District website.
Any addenda issued prior to the submittal deadline shall become part of the Request for Proposals and any information required shall be included in your proposal.
Bid Date Due Dates and Times
Bids must be delivered to Provo City School District
Purchasing in a sealed envelope prior to the date and time indicated in the Project Schedule. Bids received after the specified time will not be accepted.
Selection Criteria for CM/GC
The following criteria will be used in ranking each of the CM/GC’s. The CM/GC that is ranked the highest will represent the best value for Provo City School District. The criteria are not listed in any priority order. All criteria will be considered in performing a comprehensive evaluation of the proposal.
- Strength of Proposed Supervision Team: Proposed Superintendent, Project Manager and combined experience with K12 projects.
- Cost: The CM/GC’s Bid Amount will be considered with all other criteria to determine the ranking of the firm. The proposed fees shall include the following: (1) Bid as per plans and specifications, (2) including profit & overhead, general conditions, (3) Proposed Mark-up for Change Orders.
CM/GC Work Phases
The CM/GC Work for the project consists of one phase:
Construction Phase and Close Out only.
- Construction Phase: This phase of Work consists of the CM/GC furnishing and installing all Work as required in the Contract Documents.
Please address the following information in Proposal:
- Project Resume for projects in similar size and scope for the proposed Project Superintendent.
- Project Resume for projects in similar size and scope for the proposed Project Manager.
- Clearly identify all personnel that will be considered a Construction Supervision Cost included in the Bid Amount.
- Cost of Bonds. This is the cost of payment and performance bonds based on an amount equal to 100% of construction costs.
- Contractor Change Order Markup: This is the fixed percentage markup that the CM/GC may apply to a change order for scope increase to the Agreement.
- Plans and Specifications Available:
- Monday, January 3rd, 2022
- Available for download on the Provo City School District website or by request to Curtis Miner Architecture.
- Last Day to Submit Questions:
- Wednesday, January 19th, 2022
- 3:00 PM
- To Tina Fluehe, Provo City School District Purchasing,
- Final Addendum Issued
- Wednesday, January 26th, 2022
- Posted on Provo City School District website
- Bid Proposals Due
- Wednesday, February 2nd, 2022
- Sealed Envelopes due to Provo City School District
- Purchasing Office, Attention to Tina Fluehe, before 2:00
- Bid Award Announcement
- Thursday, February 3rd, 2022 before 4:00 PM.