Reading Opens Windows to the World
ProvoREADS is a Provo City School District initiative in association with Provo City PTA to promote literacy, while broadening and deepening an appreciation of reading. During the 2019-20 school year, libraries throughout the district will present a new literature theme each month. These are the monthly themes:
- October – Reading Opens Windows to Exploration
- Solar system, space travel/exploration, future technology, sci-fi and what’s inside ourselves, friendships
- November-December – Reading Opens Windows to Our Neighbors
- Cultures, food, dance, clothes, families, friends, traditions, languages
- January – Reading Opens Windows to Heroes Past and Present
- Heroes from the past and present. Mythology, explorers, common and uncommon. Kindness, fictional heroes, biographies
- February – Reading Opens Windows to Our Creative Side
- Art, poetry, music, dance, cooking, photography, sports, writing, performing arts, crafting
- March – Reading Opens Windows to the Lighter Side of Life
- Humor, Graphic Novels, poetry, fun facts, and kindness
- April – Reading Opens Windows to Our Back Yard
- Earth, land formations, plants, animals, ocean, dinosaurs, natural disasters, life cycles, natural habitat
- May – May the 4th be With You
- Galactic Reading Day – Fun day reading with the students with Star Wars theme.
Along with the monthly theme, students will have the opportunity to put their name into a drawing for every book they read related to the monthly topic. Winning students from the drawing will receive a new book.
We encourage parents, teachers and the community to join us through a year of literary discovery!
Our goal with ProvoREADS is to bring people together reading common books and discover the pure joy that comes from reading.
For more information about this program contact your school librarian or visit the ProvoREADS website.
ProvoREADS Theme Flyer
ProvoREADS 2019-20 Theme Schedule