The next school board meeting will be held tomorrow morning in Board Room 1 at the PSCD District...
Notice to Contractors
Provo City School District Technology Department seeks a Request for Proposal (RFP) for Intercom and Classroom Audio (distributed audio).
For questions regarding this project, please contact:
- Kincade Brickey
- Audio Visual Technician
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 801-374-4888
Contact with any other district employee or school board member during the tentative timeline period will be grounds for disqualification.
Proposals must be received by mail by 2:00 PM, MDT, on Monday, June 24, 2021 to:
- Tina Fluehe
- 280 W 940 N
- Provo, UT 84604
Provo City School District Technology Department reserves the right to reject any or all proposals, or to waive any formality or technicality in any proposal in the best interest of the Provo City School District. Provo City School District also reserves the right to determine equivalency. Additionally, the District reserves the right to rely upon state bidding processes.
The proposal will be analyzed by the Provo City School District Auxiliary Services Department.
Bids will be scored based on the following criteria:
- Cost of eligible goods and service: 35%
- Prior experience with vendor: 25%
- Compatibility with existing infrastructure: 20%
- Responsiveness to all the other terms and conditions of the RFP: 10%
- Local or in-state vendor: 10%
Award shall be made to the respondent deemed most capable of providing the complete system and support deemed to most effectively meet Provo City School District needs, taking into account the proposals and evaluation factors here outlined.
- RFP Advertised: June 7, 2021
- Deadline for Questions: June 14, 2021
- RFP Response Deadline: June 24, 2021
- Proposal Evaluation: June 25 – June 30, 2021
- Award Date: June 30, 2021
Description of Work
The Provo City School District is requesting proposals from qualified vendors interested in providing Intercom systems. Intercom systems should have a web-based UI to make adjustments to the system. Compatible with Windows, Apple, Android, and possibly Linux devices. Intercom systems must have the ability to connect to existing network infrastructure within School/District. Vendor will provide mounts, parts, materials, installation, testing, and disposal of any garbage from the project.
RFP is for a three (3) year contract with yearly extension after the third year upon review.
The scope of the project includes:
- Intercom Head End
- Network based. Must have an ethernet (RJ45) connection.
- Ability to interface with Classroom Audio systems via SIP.
- Ability to make adjustments via a web-based UI.
- Interaction/Programming with Head End of Intercom to be done with a touch screen device from a School Front Office location (location to be decided by school/District Staff).
- Must include a physical onsite server/application.
- Availability for a District application that allows visibility of all headends and the ability to communicate with these devices/locations.
- Classroom Audio/Intercom/paging/voice amplification (distributed audio)
- Network based. Must have an ethernet (RJ45) connection. Must include Voice amplification and intercom/paging functionality/integration.
- Must include speaker(s) in the classroom for both voice amplification as well as intercom/paging.
- Must integrate classroom audio to classroom Interactive Flat Panel, Projector, or similar video source.
- Classroom amps must be PoE.
- Must have both a Teacher microphone and a Student microphone.
- Provide a cost for just installing a classroom audio system (distributed audio).
- Common Zone Paging
- Amplifiers and speakers to accommodate common spaces such as gymnasiums, outside areas, hallway areas, bathrooms, teacher prep rooms, etc. Must use a network based endpoint that is PoE.
- If existing equipment is present and could be used still must provide cost for potential replacement of devices.
- If speakers are not present in a common area, bathroom, or work room they must be added into the nearest common zone.
- Call/Duress Button(s)
- Each classroom to be outfitted with a call button as well as duress button.
- Integration of a duress call initiated by classroom Teacher microphone that ties to the Intercom.
- Teacher mic must be able to pair with their room system and have the ability to triangulate teacher location within the school for duress calls.
- Ongoing system and firmware updates to be included in cost.
- Training for School/District Staff.
Responsive bidders will provide an itemized quotation for Intercom and Installation consisting of:
- Intercom Head End, Classroom Call switches/buttons, Classroom
- Amplifiers and Speakers, and Common Zone Amplifiers, and Speakers/Horns.Installation, repair, and diagnostic costs per hour.
- Integration into school data network infrastructure when/where applicable.
- Intercom must be able to integrate with current classroom audio equipment.
- Cleanup and removal from the install area after installation is complete. Garbage must be hauled off site at installers expense.