During the November 13, 2018 Board of Education Business Meeting, the Provo City School District...
This RFP is Being Issued by:
Provo School District
280 West 940 North
Provo, Utah 84604
Provo City School District is soliciting sealed, competitive proposals from insurance brokers/consultants qualified to perform brokerage and consulting services for our group employee benefit plans. The purpose of this request for proposal is to provide interested firms with basic, yet sufficient information, to submit a proposal, meeting minimum requirements. It is Provo City School District’s intent to award a single award of this contract.
The consulting/brokerage firm selected will be expected to perform the following services for Provo City School District. These services should be included as part of your consulting fee/commissions:
- Serve as the designated insurance broker of record for all benefit related issues, excluding Other Post-Employment Benefits (OPEB), specifically Medicare Supplement/Advantage plans.
- Demonstrate extensive experience working in Utah with school districts and other similar governmental entities.
- Review, evaluate and provide expert advice in the design, funding and cost administration of District benefits.
- Review levels and types of coverage offered and recommend any changes to current offerings.
- Actively analyze and benchmark Provo City School District’s health and wellness programs against current and future trends in the marketplace and among similar entities.
- Develop strategic initiatives and recommendations for cost savings, and implementation of plans.
- Proactively advise, assist and train in Health Care Compliance matters, ACA administration, including, but not limited to 1094-B1095-C preparation.
- Solicit and analyze insurance proposals and present the results of such analysis to the appropriate parties.
- Negotiate insurance renewals, including meeting directly with insurance companies and underwriters.
- Analyze claim experience/financial development for all insurance coverages.
- Prepare regular utilization reports, in any reasonable format requested by Provo City School District, for each line of coverage, analyzing financial developments, network utilization, insurer cost structures, etc., and make recommendations regarding changes, modifications and/or benefit enhancements.
- In accordance with parameters and criteria established by Provo City School District, make recommendations regarding various benefit and insurance plans, insurance carriers, health maintenance organizations, administrators, and benefit service providers.
- Provide COBRA administration, enrollment, terminations, and collecting of premiums. This includes transmitting enrollment and termination data to the carriers to process.
- Review all insurance, benefit and administrative service documents for accuracy and adherence to prior agreements.
- Provide an online benefit platform for employees to enroll, waive and adjust benefits during open enrollment and throughout the year. This online platform must also retain past benefit elections and successfully process weekly files feeds of changes and updates throughout the year.
- Provide open enrollment support, including, but not limited to, developing timelines, assisting with the development of open enrollment materials/videos, and coordinating and participating in open enrollment meetings/sign-ups, as reasonably requested.
- Investigate all viable programs, insurers and service providers and assist with budget projections on future costs of benefit programs.
- Review contracts with providers for accuracy in rates, benefits, eligibility, and coverage definitions.
- Assist with employee issues in the areas of claim payments, billing eligibility, and enrollment.
- Assist with the implementation and transition of carriers.
- Alert Provo City School District of legislative mandates and assist with compliance with benefit laws and regulations, including but not limited to ACA, COBRA, and HIPAA.
- Attend Provo City School District’s meetings as requested.
- Provide special reports as requested by Provo City School District, including, bi-annual GASB Actuarial Valuation.
- Key Dates
- RFP Issue Date 10/29/2018
- Closing Date for the Receipt of Proposals 11/12/2018
- Oral Presentations and Interviews 11/16/2018
Review Entire RFP (PDF).