Yes! It's back! Book Lovers alert! Join Provo City Library and BYU Continuing Education for the...
ProvoREADS is a Provo City School District initiative in association with Provo City PTA to promote literacy, while broadening and deepening an appreciation of reading.
During the 2019-20 school year, libraries throughout the district will present a new literature theme each month. In October, the theme is “Reading Opens Windows to Exploration”. Books included for this month are nonfiction and fiction subjects that are related to the solar system, space travel/exploration, future technology, sci-fi, exploring who we are and building friendships.
A few suggestions for young readers are:
- Here We Are by Oliver Jeffers
- Earth! My First 4.54 Billion Years by Stacy McAnuilty
- Otis and Will Discover the Deep: Recording setting Dive of the Bathysphere by Shane Burcaw
- Moonshot: The Flight of apollo 11 by Brian Floca
- Counting on Katherine: How Katherine Johnson Saved Apollo 13 by Helanie Becker
- A Computer Called Katherine by Suzanne Slade
- Armstrong: The Adventurous Journey of a Mouse to the Moon (Mouse Adventures) by Torben Kuhlmann
Along with the monthly theme, students will have the opportunity to put their name into a drawing for every book they read related to the monthly topic. Winning students from the drawing will receive a new book.
We encourage parents, teachers and the community to join us through a year of literary discovery!
Our goal with ProvoREADS is to bring people together reading common books and discover the pure joy that comes from reading.
For more information about this program contact your school librarian or visit the ProvoREADS website.
ProvoREADS Theme Flyer
ProvoREADS 2019-20 Theme Schedule