Leer en Español Results are in for the 2021 Utah Technology Student Association (TSA) State...
Welcome back to school. We are excited to be back and are looking forward to a successful start no matter which learning option you have chosen. Although we begin this year in Phase 1, we anxiously await the time where we can provide full day instruction for every student.
With so much change happening, let’s go over what the start of this year is going to look like.
- This Wednesday will be the first day of school for all students whose last name starts with A-K.
- The first day for those with last names starting with L-Z will be on Thursday.
- Since the end of last school year, teachers have been working hard to prepare for both in person and online learning.
- While students will only attend in person twice a week during phase 1, learning will take place 5 days a week.
- Your students will be using Canvas, our online learning management platform. This will help you keep track of their lessons and assignments. Please watch for tutorials to come to your email, online at provo.edu and shared on our social media.
- Internet Access at home is critical for these new models of learning. If you are having trouble accessing the internet, please reach out to your school or to student services at 801-374-4838.
- Each student will be issued a Chromebook. In order for your child to receive their Chromebook, please update your PowerSchool information.
- Updating your powerschool information is also important so you can receive important communications from your school and the district.
- Before sending your child to school, it is important to do a quick symptom check. Check for the following symptoms and if anyone in your family has the follow, please stay home:
- Fever of 100.3 or greater
- Cough not related to asthma
- Muscle aches
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Nausea, diarrhea or vomiting
- New loss of taste or smell
- Or if you or anyone in your family has been exposed to COVID-19
- If your child starts to feel sick while they are at school, we will give you a call to come pick them up.
- If your child rides a bus you should be aware of our new bus protocol.
- Students will be required to wear a mask on the bus.
- When entering the bus, students will be asked to use the provided hand sanitizer
- and students will be assigned seating in order to help distance.
- If you are unsure of your child’s bus route time or pick up spot, please check the district website at provo.edu/transportation/find-your-bus-route/
- Your student will be required to wear a mask at school. The district will provide a mask to each student. If they do not have one, the school will provide one upon entering the building.
- Drinking fountains will be closed due to COVID concerns. Your student will be provided a water bottle and bottle filler stations will be provided.
- In order to maintain social distancing, your school has posted traffic flow signs around the building. Please watch for these signs and maintain proper social distance.
- Elementary schools will still have recess. Mask will not be required while outside at recess but students will be asked to maintain social distance.
- Breakfast and lunch are available for in-person and home study students please check your school’s website for full details.
- After students and teachers have left the building each day our janitorial staff will carefully disinfect the building in preparation for the next school day. Sanitization efforts are heightened before, during and after the school day.
Well that covers the basics. But if you have questions, please feel free to reach out to your school or Student Services. You can also find out the latest news on the district website at provo.edu.