Leer en Español Download PDF Version of Newsletter Download PDF version of Newsletter...
Summer is here, but that doesn’t mean that learning is through! Join us this summer as we explore various children’s literature each week until August 8th. Each week, we will use our district social media to focus on a specific book. Each day will have a different theme that is devoted to better immersion and comprehension of that book.
The daily schedule will be as follows:
- Monday: Book Introduction
- Tuesday: Facebook Live Book Reading #PCSDSummerStorytime
- Wednesday: Book Writing Response
- Thursday: Activity that corresponds with the book
We hope that these activities will continue to ignite your child’s love of reading and encourage them to progress throughout the summer. Feel free to share your child’s writing responses or photos of their experience with the activity through using the hashtag #PCSDSummerSeries . Happy Reading!
Listed below is the summer book schedule:
- Week of June 10th: The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Week of June 17th: Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type
- Week of June 24th: The True Story of the Three Little Pigs
- Week of July 1st: The Rainbow Fish
- Week of July 8th: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- Week of July 15th: Finding Winnie: The True Story of the World’s Most Famous Bear
- Week of July 22nd: Hello Lighthouse
- Week of July 29th: The Cat in the Hat
- Week of August 5th: Where the Wild Things Are