The Technology Student Association (TSA) chapter from Centennial Middle School recently returned...
The Provo City School District Communications Department was recently awarded with the National School Public Relations Association (NSPRA)’s Golden Achievement Award.
The Golden Achievement Award recognizes exemplary work in all aspects of school public relations, communications, marketing and engagement. The judges for this award specifically searched for achievement in the following areas; analysis of need, planning to meet the need, execution and communication of the program and formal evaluation. The PCSD Communications Department met all of the criteria within all four categories.
PCSD’s Communications Department was specifically recognized for their recreation of the “Provo Way Award” campaign. At the end of each school year, a climate survey is administered to each employee in Provo City School District. The results of this survey continuously made it clear that district employees felt that much was being asked of them with little recognition in return. Thus, this campaign was created as an opportunity for the district to celebrate the positive things that students, teachers, administrators, parents and staff do for the district.
The Communications and Human Resource Departments worked together to revitalize the Provo Way Award, an innovative employee recognition program using social media. The following was implemented:
• The presentation of the awards were both filmed and streamed on Facebook Live so that family members and friends could participate,
• Recipients receive the award in their home school surrounded by their peers and students,
• The nominator is invited to the presentation to share why that employee is deserving,
• District Administration and School Board Members attend the award presentations to personally thank the recipients and invite them to the next school board meeting,
• A video tribute, played at the school board meeting, is placed on the district website,
• Recipients receive a $50 gift card.
As a result of receiving this award, the Communications Department will receive a hard copy of the certificate, a letter of commendation, recognition on the NSPRA website and recognition at the upcoming NSPRA conference.