Thanks to our partnership with Davis Behavioral Health, you can now receive twice a week text...
February is CTE Month and we are going to kick off with a video giving you an overview of what CTE is all about.
For nearly a century, Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs across the United States have focused on equipping students with technical and life skills to help them successfully enter today’s workforce. Students who participate in CTE obtain the academic knowledge, technical and workplace skills to compete in a global economy. Enter any of our CTE classrooms and you will immediately observe the rigor, relevance, and skills CTE courses offer our students. In the state of Utah, we offer 13 career clusters with 34 career Pathways. Each career pathway culminates in an industry-recognized credential. Career clusters include courses in:
- Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources,
- Architecture and Construction,
- Art-Audio Visual Technology and Communications,
- Business, Finance and Marketing
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Education and Training,
- Engineering and Technology,
- Health Science,
- Hospitality and Tourism,
- Human Services,
- Law-Public Safety Corrections and Security,
- Transportation, Distribution and Logistics.
These courses have the potential to jumpstart students’ career by preparing them for post-secondary education and training in high-skill, high-wage and high demand occupations. CTE, learning that works for Utah.