The District is pleased to congratulate National Merit Scholar Semifinalists Braxton Anderson and...
At the school board meeting last night, the school board voted to adjust the current plan for secondary schools to transition to Phase 2 on October 26. The details of the new plan for secondary schools are as follows.
- Secondary schools will remain in Phase 1 with no modifications until November 9.
- The board has directed district administration to create a plan, to be presented at the board study session on October 27, to modify Phase 1 for secondary schools.
- The plan will look to keep buildings at 50% of student capacity each day, while potentially increasing the amount of contact students have with teachers each week.
- The modified Phase 1 plan would be implemented in secondary schools beginning November 9.
- Independence High School, due to requests by the school administration and their much smaller student enrollment, was approved to move to Phase 2 whenever the school feels prepared to do so.
Following the board study session on October 27, further details of the plan for secondary schools beginning on November 9 will be communicated via email, the district website, and district social media channels.