As educators, we do our best to prepare our students for the future—but what does this...
There is nothing like pulling out stories around this time of the year & cuddling with someone special to read a few. These new books may give you a bit of a chill or a smile…you choose!
Picture Books: Great for all ages
- 10 Spooky Pumpkins by Cris Grimly
- The Crayons Trick or Treat by Drew Daywalt, Illustrated by Oliver Jeffers
- Creepy Crayon by Aaron Reynolds, Illustrated Peter Brown
- Kit and Caboodle by Anna Pignataro
- Groggle’s Monster Halloween by Doana Murray, Illustrated by Bats Langley
- How to Catch a Witch by Alice Walstead & Megan Joyce, designs by Andy Elkerton
- Hocus Pocus (Disney) by A.W. Jantha, Illustrated by Gris Grimly (12-18 yr)
- Scaredy Bat and the Art Thief by Marina J. Bowman, Illustrated by Paula Vrinceanu (Scaredy Bat: A Vampire Detective Series) (7-12 yr)
- Graveyard Girls:220.127.116.11 I Declare a Thumb War by Lisi Harrison & Daniel Kraus, Illustrated by Flavia Sorrentino (8-12 yr)
- BookAuthur Blackwood’s Scary Stories: For Kids Who Like Scary Stories #1 by A.M. Luzzader (8-12 yr)
- Ghost Stories for kids Age 9-12: Short Spooky and Scary Horror Stories to Tell at a Campfire, Halloween or Whenever it Gets Dark by Bernard Tate (9-12 yr)
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, Retold by Nick Pierce, Illustrated by Isobel Lundie (10 + yr)