eSchool and STEM
What is STEM? Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
Provo City School District’s statement on STEM
STEM education is a focus on content knowledge in science, technology, math, and engineering. STEM educators teach complimentary skills that help students use their knowledge to solve problems. They include:
- 21st Century Skills: communication, collaboration, creative problem solving, and critical thinking
- Engineering Design Processes: In addition to the scientific method, the EDP is taught to students. It is a series of steps used to design solutions to problems. It includes defining the problem, research, developing and testing prototypes, and communicating results.
Upcoming eSchool STEM Events
Mark Your Calendars! eSchool’s First STEM Fair: Tuesday, February 12, 2019. Check out the Facebook Live video from a STEM expert!
STEM Fair Introductory Information 2018-19
- STEM Fair Introductory Information 2018-19
- Types of Projects
- Elements of a Successful Project Guide
- Research Plan Worksheet
- Lab Notebook Guidelines
- Engineering Judging Rubric
- Scientific Judging Rubric
- Registration Form Grades 5-6
- Registration Form Grades 5-6 (Spanish)
- Registration Form Grades 7-8
- Registration Form Grades 7-8 (Spanish)
Upcoming events in Utah
These events are not sponsored by Provo eSchool, but are provided for your reference. Feel free to register and enjoy them on your own.
BYU Discover STEM Event
- Saturday, Feb 23, 2019, 9 am – 12 pm
- 6-8th graders
- Learn more at https://mathed.byu.edu/mea/discover-stem/
Check out these resources for other STEM events in Utah
Check out these websites for science lessons, activities, and experiment ideas!