eSchool and STEM
What is STEM? Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
Provo City School District’s statement on STEM
STEM education is a focus on content knowledge in science, technology, math, and engineering. STEM educators teach complimentary skills that help students use their knowledge to solve problems. They include:
- 21st Century Skills: communication, collaboration, creative problem solving, and critical thinking
- Engineering Design Processes: In addition to the scientific method, the EDP is taught to students. It is a series of steps used to design solutions to problems. It includes defining the problem, research, developing and testing prototypes, and communicating results.
Upcoming events in Utah
These events are not sponsored by Provo eSchool, but are provided for your reference. Feel free to register and enjoy them on your own.
- Virtual STEMFest
- This year’s STEMFest is available online. Check out activities, videos, and articles in the areas of STEAM–science, technology, engineering, art, and math.
- STEM Fueled Fridays at Thanksgiving Point
- Fall 2021 Registration begins May 1st
- 1st-6th grade classes, 10 am-3 pm
- September 10th-Engineering & Architecture-Museum of Natural Curiosity 24th-Chemistry Fun-Museum of Natural Curiosity
- October 8th-Phenology-Butterfly Biosphere 22nd- Geology & Paleontology-Museum of Ancient Life
- November 5th-Microscopy-Butterfly Biosphere 12th- LEGO Robotics & Engineering-Museum of Natural Curiosity
- For more information visit https://cart.thanksgivingpoint.org/141093
- Thanksgiving Point Summer Day Camps
- Learn more here
- STEM Action Center Utah has STEM activities and challenges that you can do from home
- Virtual museum tours, learning games, coding courses, and more: https://stem.utah.gov/students/stem-in-the-home/
Check out these resources for other STEM events in Utah
Check out these websites for science lessons, activities, and experiment ideas!