eSchool and STEM
What is STEM? Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
Provo City School District’s statement on STEM
STEM education is a focus on content knowledge in science, technology, math, and engineering. STEM educators teach complimentary skills that help students use their knowledge to solve problems. They include:
- 21st Century Skills: communication, collaboration, creative problem solving, and critical thinking
- Engineering Design Processes: In addition to the scientific method, the EDP is taught to students. It is a series of steps used to design solutions to problems. It includes defining the problem, research, developing and testing prototypes, and communicating results.
Upcoming events in Utah
These events are not sponsored by Provo eSchool, but are provided for your reference. Feel free to register and enjoy them on your own.
- Sensory Inclusive Afternoon at Discovery Gateway Children’s Museum
- Wednesday, September 29th from 4-6 pm
- Free sensory friendly environments and experiences
- Sign up here
- Homeschool Days at Thanksgiving Point
- October 6th: Butterfly Biosphere
- December 1st: Museum of Ancient Life
- February 2nd: Museum of Natural Curiosity
- May 4th: Farm Country
- For more information, click here
- STEM Action Center Utah has STEM activities and challenges that you can do from home
- Virtual museum tours, learning games, coding courses, and more: https://stem.utah.gov/students/stem-in-the-home/
Check out these resources for other STEM events in Utah
Check out these websites for science lessons, activities, and experiment ideas!