The mission of Agricultural Science and Technology Education is to prepare students for employment and/or continuing education opportunities in agriculture.
This is accomplished through technical instruction in the classroom, experiential education in the laboratory and through the “Supervised Agricultural Experience Program”, and leadership and personal development through the FFA.
The mission of Business Education Technology is to prepare students for employment and/or continuing education opportunities in business.
This is accomplished through technical instruction in the classroom, experiential education in the laboratory, student internships, work-based learning, and through leadership and personal development through the student leadership organizations.
Family & Consumer Science Education
The mission of Family and Consumer Sciences Education is to prepare students for family life, work life, and careers in family and consumer sciences by providing opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors needed for:
- Strengthening the well-being of individuals and families across the life span.
- Becoming responsible citizens and leaders in family, community, and work settings.
- Promoting optimal nutrition and wellness across the life span.
- Managing resources to meet the material needs of individuals and families.
- Balancing personal, home, family, and work lives.
- Using critical and creative thinking skills to address problems in diverse family, community, and work environments.
- Successful life management, employment, and career development.
- Functioning effectively as providers and consumers of goods and services.
- Appreciating human worth and accepting responsibility for one’s actions and success in family.
Health Science and Medical Technology Education
The mission of Health Science and Technology Education in Utah is to provide all students a seamless education system, through competency-based instruction, culminating in essential life skills, certified occupational skills, prepared for continued education and/or meaningful employment.
Information Technology Education
IT careers involve the design, development, support and management of hardware, software, multimedia and systems integration services. The IT industry is a dynamic and entrepreneurial working environment that has a revolutionary impact on the economy and society. In addition to careers in the IT industry, IT careers are available in every sector of the economy — from Financial Services to Medical Services, Business to Engineering and Environmental Services.
Students preparing for IT careers will need a solid grounding in math and science.
Marketing is the process of developing, promoting, and distributing products in order to satisfy customer needs and wants. Products include goods, services, and ideas.
Trade, Industrial Technology Education
Trade and Technical Education prepares students for employment and/or continuing education opportunities in technical trades, as well as promoting quality programs based on recognized industry standards.
is to see that every student receives the academic knowledge and technical skills needed to be successful in the trade or technical career of choice. Students will develop essential career preparation skills through technical and experiential education, as well as person leadership opportunities.
CTE Middle School Classes
Centennial Middle School CTE Class Offerings:
Dixon Middle School CTE class offerings: